REPORTED FROM CHICAGO — Chris Agada, 28, an information technology consultant in Chicago, doesn't think that President Obama has done a bad job, but his views on certain moral issues differ sharply from his. Here's what Agada had to say as BET.com raced with him to catch the commuter rail home.
BET.com: Are you voting on Election Day?
Chris Agada: Yes.
Why did you wait until this evening?
Ha, ha, time. I'm busy.
Who are you voting for?
I'd like to keep that private.
Which issues are most important to you in this election?
I'm definitely pro-life and against gay marriages and things like that.
So, is that a hint about who you're voting for?
Yeah, that's pretty much it.
What about the economy?
I definitely want to see the economy fixed. It's gotten a little bit better, but needs some improvement for sure.
What kind of president do you think Obama's been?
He's been OK; he's been good.
If re-elected, what would you like to see him do differently?
Definitely more on jobs and job creation.
And if Mitt Romney's elected?
The same thing — job creation and improving on the economy.
Do you want him to overturn some of the social policies you object to?
Yes, that definitely would be good.
BET Politics - Your source for the latest news, photos and videos illuminating key issues and personalities in African-American political life, plus commentary from some of our liveliest voices. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Courtesy Chris Agada)
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024