Robin Roberts and Amber Laign are now married!
On Friday (September 8), the long-time couple exchanged vows in front of their loved ones, as reported by GMA. The ceremony was held in the backyard of their home and was officiated by Robert’s childhood pastor. Her Good Morning America family attended the ceremony, including producers and co-hosts Michael Strahan and DeMarco Morgan.
In perfect harmony, Roberts and Laign each wore tailor-made white wedding dresses designed by Mark Badgley and James Mischka. Roberts rocked a floor-length halter-neck gown while her wife donned a cowl neck gown and a tulle train.
Roberts’ brother –Lawrence Roberts Jr.– walked her down the aisle as she carried a blush pink bouquet.
Following the ceremony, the newly married couple entered their garden-themed reception to violinist Caroline Campbell playing “Can You Feel The Love Tonight.” Roberts took to Instagram with a token of her appreciation to those who made it possible.
“An intimate, magical wedding ceremony in our backyard followed by a joyous reception…ohhhh the dancing!! We are immensely grateful to all for making it a day and a night to remember. Honeymoon here we come!” the GMA co-anchor penned.
During their big day, Roberts and Laign were captured holding hands and smiling at each other.
For the dinner, guests enjoyed an open bar and cake from New York-based bakery, New York-based bakery. DJ Valentina kept the party rocking into the night.
Their road to forever began 18 years ago when mutual friends set them up on a blind date. Then, in 2020, during lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they discussed getting married, but a proposal didn't happen for another two years in a sweet and special way.
While dining at their favorite restaurant in Connecticut, they made rings out of calamari and placed them on each other’s fingers.
"We took the calamari rings and we slapped them on each other's fingers and we just we proposed to one another," Roberts said on GMA. “Now looking back, it was pretty fitting for us to not have a down on one knee [proposal] and one person doing it ... it was just us hanging out in our little hole-in-the-wall Mexican spot and putting calamari rings on each other and saying, 'Let's go. Let's do it.'"
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024