Michael Shroyer/Getty Images
Warning—the defending national champion Ohio State Buckeyes are back with an even scarier offense.
The No. 1 Buckeyes rang up a ridiculous 360 rushing yards and 572 overall yards en route to kicking off their 2015 season with a 42-24 thrashing of Virginia Tech on Monday night.
Unlike so many talent poor programs, Ohio State was faced with the good offseason problem of who to start at quarterback between Cardale Jones, J.T. Barrett and Braxton Miller. What helped the cause was Miller agreeing to change positions to wide receiver in July. Well, Monday night was proof that all three players could be very successful within the Buckeyes' system.
Given the gametime decision to start at QB, Jones threw for 186 yards and two touchdowns, while rushing for 99 more yards and one more score. Miller electrified at wideout, hauling in a 54-yard touchdown reception from Jones and also scoring on a scintillating 53-yard TD run, in which he left two Virginia Tech defenders in the dust with a spin move.
The spin was so spectacular that Jones was seen moments later on the sideline imitating what he just witnessed.
Cleveland Cavaliers' superstar and huge Ohio State fan, LeBron James, was also impressed with Miller.
For good measure, Barrett had a passing touchdown and running back Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 122 yards and a touchdown as well.
"It's kind of scary," Elliott told ESPN of Ohio State's dominating play. "We were missing guys and we still just had so many weapons on the field today. We get some guys back next week and I know we can all improve on our play. We're very raw right now. First game of the season, that's what you expect but we have so much we can improve on. That's a scary thing. We could be very dominant."
"Very dominant" might even be an understatement.
BET Sports News — Get the latest news and information about African-Americans in sports, including weekly recaps, celebrity news and photos of your favorite Black athletes.
(Photo: Michael Shroyer/Getty Images)
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024