One thing you can’t help but love about Ari Lennox is her authenticity. Whether it’s her music or social media presence, she’s always going to keep it 100.
The Dreamville artist did just that when sitting down with The Breakfast Club recently. One of the many topics included dating, and Lennox shared that it has not been easy so she has to date with intention. “I learned with dating, ask specific questions, ‘Are you a rapper? Do you play basketball?’ Like, I need to know specifically.”
Lennox shared, “I will never be able to trust that you genuinely want to be here for me and not try to get to Cole or Dreamville or Interscope or like.”
DJ Envy asked Lennox what inspired her hit record “Pressure” and she told him, “It was really about me, honestly. Feeling myself and feeling really sexy. And demanding that whoever comes into my life, you have to work.” She continued, “You have to show me why I should give you my time, and I wanna feel like you’re attracted to me, and you wanna respect me.”
Later in the conversation, Charlamagne Tha God asked Ari Lennox if there was a specific rapper that ruined dating for her, and she agreed there were a few.
“Oh, there’s so many,” she responded, laughing, to which Yee said: “People we’ll never hear of.”
The singer also opened up about being in problematic relationships in the past. According to HipHopDx, “she’s been in a relationship with someone who pretended not to know who she was, too. She brought up one story, in particular, where the person ‘always kinda diminished everything about me’ and “pretended like the singing part didn’t even exist.”
Her latest album, age/sex/location, which is her sophomore debut, is based on the arduous time she’s had dating in the modern age. “I remember the countless times I was kicked out of dating apps because they didn’t think I was really myself, it reminded me of those age/sex/location days where I actually wasn’t being myself in those chat rooms. I spent so much time seeing the god and good in some abusive people.”
While the dating pool is quite complicated, Lennox said, “What’s for me is for me, and I’m complete on my own. This is my eat pray love journey.”
Watch The Full interview here.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024