WATCH ALL YOUR FAVORITE BET SHOWS

Migos Cancel Governors Ball Performance, Furthering Breakup Rumors

A rep says that the canceled appearance is due to a scheduling conflict.

Rumors have been swirling for weeks that Atlanta rap group Migos is on the verge of a breakup. The rumor started when a fan noticed that Offset and his wife Cardi B were no longer following Takeoff and Quavo on Instagram.

The rumors have heated up again after the official Twitter of The Governors Ball tweeted, “Due to circumstances out of our control Migos are no longer performing at Gov Ball. Updated lineup coming soon.”

According to TMZ, a label rep for the trio said that the group pulled out of the festival this weekend because Quavo is filming a movie and has a scheduling conflict.

However, Lil Wayne will be performing in their place.

Fans are lamenting the fact that the Migos will miss the festival. One wrote on Twitter, “Lil Wayne has officially replaced Migos for gov ball and I’m gonna be crying all day. I hate it here.”

Late last month, Quavo posted a childhood picture of himself and Takeoff on Instagram, and the two rappers are prepping to release new music together under the moniker Unc and Phew—which is a reference to their familial bond. They released an official video for their first song, “Hotel Lobby,” last month.

Migos haven’t released new music as a trio since 2021’s Culture III, which debuted at No.2 on the Billboard 200. The project featured appearances by Drake, Cardi B, Future, NBA YoungBoy, the late Pop Smoke, and Juice WRLD.

The Governors Ball takes place June 10-12 at Citi Field in New York City with headlining performances from J. Cole and Kid Cudi.

Subscribe for BET Updates

Provide your email address to receive our newsletter.


By clicking subscribe, I agree to receive newsletters, marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from BET and the Paramount family of companies. For more information about our data practices, consult our Privacy Policy.