Photo by Ser Baffo/Getty Images for BET
If you’re planning on making Mother’s Day memorable this year for the special woman in your life, you may want to book your trips to Atlanta ASAP, as Mary J. Blige is bringing you a festival you won’t want to miss.
The Power actress has partnered with Pepsi and Live Nation Urban to present the “Strength Of A Woman Festival and Summit,” curated for and by women. The event will devote three days to music, comedy, and community building between May 6-8th, 2022.
This is a project that the singer has been working on during the pandemic and it finally came to fruition.
"The idea for the festival came to us after early listening sessions of my latest album with my family and friends and women in the industry,” she shared.
“Each time, the people in the room would share a story, oftentimes of heartbreak or pain, but they always ended with joy and love and how their girlfriends or mom or sister helped them find their voice and strength. We felt like after two years of being inside and having to endure so much, this was the type of experience that people, especially women, deserved.”
The entrepreneur also shared her excitement about working with some of the women within the industry today.
“I'm so grateful to all of the performers, vendors, and participants for committing themselves to our inaugural event and I am so excited to do this in a city that has been rocking with me since the very beginning of my career,” the 9-time Grammy Award winner expressed.
“I am proud to create this with my sisters and I look forward to an undeniably beautiful and special experience."
The list of performers tapped for the inaugural festival includes City Girls, Xscape, Queen Naija, Chaka Khan, Ella Mai, Ms. Pat, and some other surprises Blige will bring out during her set on Saturday night’s concert on May 7th.
Presale tickets go live Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at 10 a.m. ET, while general on-sale begins on Thursday, March 10th at 10 a.m. ET. All tickets can be purchased at www.soawfestival.com.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024