(Photo: Max Lakner/BFA/Shutterstock)
Matt Barnes is not only winning big at home with the birth of his newborn son, but he's also winning in court.
Last month, BET reported Barnes went to court to have his payments reduced from $20,000 a month to less than $3,000 per month. The former Golden State Warrior wound up submitting a final request to reduce his payments to the Basketball Wives star by $13,000, reported The Blast.
After retiring from the NBA, Barnes said he could no longer afford to hand over $20,000 to Govan every month, especially since he was granted custody of his twin boys.
In the end, Barnes proposed his payment be no more than $7,500, which works out to $3,750 per child, per month.
The judge signed off on the exact amount Barnes requested.
Although this may be a big win for Barnes, the good news may only be temporary as this reduction will only last until the two settle their longstanding legal issues.
At first glance that seems to be bad news for Govan, and it is, but it’s not completely bad for her. That’s because the reduction is only temporary while the two continue hashing out their many issues.
In November, Barnes was just granted a restraining order against Govan for 18 months.
- Princess Love Files For Divorce From Ray JThe star of "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" broke the news on Instagram.02/26/2024
- 5 Things We Learned From the ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ DocuseriesThe two-part doc revealed much about the former TV show host's struggles with health, finances, and her bitter divorce.02/26/2024
- ‘Peetah’ Morgan Of Morgan Heritage Reggae Band Dies at 46No cause of death has been revealed.02/26/2024
- Ayo Edebiri And Da'Vine Joy Randolph Both Snag 2024 SAG AwardsLet’s show these sistas some love for their history-making achievements.02/26/2024
- Quavo Responds To Fan With Back Tattoo of Rapper's FaceThe loyal fan showed the Atlanta rapper his tribute to him in Milan, Italy.02/26/2024
- Jeffrey Wright Delivers Stirring Tribute To His Family At 2024 Spirit Awards“I am nowhere without you,” said the actor.02/26/2024