If you thought Kenan Thompson would spill the tea on his divorce in his new book, think again. This brotha knows there is power in keeping things private.
On Monday (Dec. 4), the long-time "SNL" star paid a visit to "Today" and spoke about his new memoir "When I Was Your Age: Life Lessons, Funny Stories & Questionable Parenting Advice from a Professional Clown." During his appearance on the morning show, Thompson revealed why he decided to keep details about his divorce from ex-wife Christina Evangeline to a minimum.
The "Good Burger 2" actor said he "didn't want to speak out of turn on people who aren't there to tell their vision of the story."
He continued, "So I just kind of told my perspective, basically."
The couple maintained a low profile throughout their decade-long marriage.
Still, Thompson said his memoir will "tell the whole story from A to Z" of his life, adding "99 percent" of the book details real-life experiences.
In June 2022, Thompson filed for divorce from Evangeline.
That development came almost two months after TMZ broke the news that the pair decided to end their romantic relationship after 10 years of marriage. Sources told the media outlet that although the former couple had decided to go their separate ways, they remained friends. The pair also agreed to co-parent their daughters, Georgia and Gianna.
Sources told TMZ, “Kenan and Christina agreed to share 50/50 custody—and they are still living close to one another in NYC to make the custody arrangement easier for everyone involved, especially the kids.”
In 2011, Thompson and Evangeline tied the knot during a private ceremony at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024