A Nigerian-born British author claims that Stonehenge was built by Black people in a new children's history book, the Daily Mail reports.
Atinuke, whose new book Brilliant Black British History targets children ages seven and above, says that the neolithic monument in Wiltshire was built by Black people and that Britain was a 'Black country' and 'every single British person comes from a migrant.”
The book also claims that Britain was a predominantly Black country “for more than 7,000 years before white people came, and during that time the most famous British monument was built, Stonehenge.”
Also, Atinuke says that the English language is a combination of many influences, characterizing it as a "hodgepodge language."
The book goes on to describe the Cheddar Man, the name given to the oldest human remains discovered in Britain “as dark as dark can be.”
Susan Walsh, a geneticist at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, who was a part of the team that reconstructed the Cheddar Man's face in 2018, noted that he more than likely had dark skin but DNA testing was not advanced enough to give a definitive answer.
The description of Brilliant Black British History says that it is an “eye-opening history of Britain' that focuses on a part of our past that has mostly been left out of the history books: the brilliant black history of England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland.”
“Did you know that the first Britons were black? Or that some of the Roman soldiers who invaded and ruled Britain were black, too?” the blurb continues.”Join this fascinating journey through the ages to meet those first Britons, as well as the black Tudors, Georgians, and Victorians who existed in every walk of life here.”
The new book comes after Don't Divide Us, a conservative group in Great Britain released a report stating that children often encounter problematic “anti-racism” theories.
The study revealed that one book said that racism began when “white people wanted more control” and another text encouraged teachers to inform students about 'what white privilege is'.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024