Fantasia Barrino Taylor is glowing in two dynamic areas within her life these days: a blossoming love life with her husband and her latest onscreen performance.
For the star, both of these areas have had profound effects on her life that have been deeply insightful on her past, present, and future. The "Truth Is" singer who graces the latest cover of Elle, discussed how she got a second chance at love with her man Kendall Taylor, and how starring as Celie in "The Color Purple" has been a transformative experience.
The Grammy winner tied the knot with Kendall in 2015, and their journey together has reshaped her perception of love.
"I didn’t think I was going to have that because I didn’t think I deserved it."
In 2021, they welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Keziah Taylor, 2. She is also mom to Dallas Xavier, 11, and Zion Quari, 22 from previous relationships.
Furthermore, Kendall never ceases to ensure she feels loved and appreciated.
"He treats me like a queen. He tells me I’m a queen every day. It’s not a day I don’t wake up to him saying, ‘Good morning, beautiful. I wasn’t quite used to it," she said.
Barrino Taylor had to let her guard down to allow herself to feel loved. She admitted his loving gestures made her feel "very uncomfortable in the beginning" because "I didn’t love myself."
"But he has reminded me of who I was. I was broken. It wasn’t until I met my husband and I started becoming a woman that sat back and realized that everything I went through was necessary," she explained.
Later in her sit down, the "Lose to Win" hitmaker revealed how her role in the much-anticipated "The Color Purple" premiere was a liberating experience.
After shooting the film's last scene, which depicts the emotional reunion between sisters Celie and Nettie, played by Ciara, she said producers asked her opinion on improving it. Given their blessing for a redo, the singer tapped into the tear-jerking affair and left nothing on the table.
“That was the moment for me. I needed them to give me a moment. Ciara did too. I believe that it was healing for all of us in our own situations, and we needed a moment," she said.
"That one wail, I just needed to let it out because I did get everything back that I lost."
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024