(Photo: Harmony Gerber/Getty Images)
Drake’s “God’s Plan” visual touched the hearts of fans everywhere when the OVO boss handed off the video’s entire $1 million budget to a number of unsuspecting and overwhelmingly grateful individuals.
His tear-jerking philanthropy instead held traces of vanity for Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, however. And after previously airing his unpopular opinion live on Ebro in the Morning, an alleged enraged phone call from the Champagne Papi has led to a change of hearts.
Rosenberg revealed that after picking his bone with the video on live radio, he received a text message that read, “Stop pushing end and answer your phone.” When he answered the call, Drizzy immediately spazzed out on him over the criticism, he said.
“So I answered the phone and right away it sounded like there was a fight at a Tim Hortons,” Rosenberg described of the conversation. “Because when Drake got mad—I've never heard his Canadian accent that strongly. Drake yelled. He was very passionate."
The Scary Hours rapper expressed how upset he was that Rosenberg would take his good deeds and spin it so negatively.
“He was basically like, 'Enough is enough, what is your problem with me?” he said. “How do you make this a negative thing? I did something so positive.'”
Drake’s mom Sandi Graham, who keeps an ear out for news surrounding her son, apparently nudged him about the commentary, sharing with Drake that she saw “a very troubling video on the internet.” That might explain why Drizzy was even more infuriated and how quickly Rosenberg second guessed his critiques. Co-host Laura Stylez seconded his original sentiments, but he went on to explain that Drake even shared how strenuous a seemingly simple task of humanitarianism actually was.
"He told me very specifically about some of the people in the video and why it was those people and the process of how much work they had to do to give away the money," he said. "He was basically saying, 'You would be surprised about how hard it is to just go and give away some money and how much we had to do to do this.'”
Granted, Rosenberg and Drizzy’s storied relationship wobbles between hot and cold, as Ebro reminded and Drake pointed to as the stimulus beneath the criticism. Now that Drake has shared a new perspective with him, hopefully the men can put it behind them for the greater good of the video’s message.
See the full conversation about “God’s Plan” as told from Rosenberg’s surprise phone call below.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024