(Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage)
The prison sentence stems from two arrests earlier this year, which were in violation of the original terms of his probation. In Aug. 2017, the rapper was arrested for reckless driving and reckless endangerment. And prior to that, Meek was arrested and charged with several counts of misdemeanor assault in Mar. 2017.
This is the second time Meek has been found in violation of his probation. In Feb. 2017, the Dreamchasers artist disobeyed the terms of his house arrest by leaving to perform at a concert. So, it looks like the judge was looking to send the rapper a message.
Meek Mill has not released an official statement regarding the recent news. But fans have issued their condolences and thoughts on Meek’s sentence on Twitter. See a few of the reactions below.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024