Aja Naomi King is a melanated queen who loves the skin she is in.
On Thursday (August 10), the L'Oréal Paris brand ambassador opened up to PEOPLE about how her favorite beauty products empower her from within.
“They [L'Oréal Paris] have made it a priority to create something that will meet the needs of all people. [That] this massive brand is taking such care to educate and transform what is possible and what makes people feel beautiful is selfishly a huge self-esteem boost because I feel so seen,” she told the outlet.
She also reflected on her younger days and how her mom, aunts, and grandma prioritized their beauty, which she now appreciates as an adult. During the pandemic, she established her routine that has remained "so important" to her. The How To Get Away With Murder alum also said that she uses affirmations to guide her into the right headspace. "I am worth it; I deserve this."
For King, her favorite products are those that are Black girl friendly. She uses L'Oréal Paris's 12% Pure Vitamin C + E + Salicylic Acid Serum to achieve a healthy glow. She also swears by the brand's 1.5 % Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum which she admits to being "completely obsessed with," because it makes her skin "feel good."
But with skin like butter, don't think you'll see her with a beat face that has been overly done. In this phase of her beauty journey, she is "very much about natural glam these days." You know that's right!
Now to get her perfect shade for makeup application, she reaches for True Match Blend-able Foundation, which she told the outlet "has been my staple forever". "It’s such a huge thing to know that you're going put something on your face and it's going to be the result that you want.” And to enhance her eyelashes, she opts for Telescopic Original Mascara.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024