Photo Credit: Madison County Mississippi Detention Center
On March 14, 2016, Andre Montgomery, the grandson of Robbie Montgomery, who is featured in the OWN show Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, was shot and killed in St. Louis, Missouri.
James Timothy Norman, Robbie’s son and Andre’s nephew, has been arrested and charged with his murder.
WLBT reports Norman was charged with conspiracy to use interstate commerce facilities (a cellphone) in the commission of a murder-for-hire, which resulted in the death of the 18-year-old.
According to PEOPLE, a criminal complaint claimed, “Norman allegedly conspired with an exotic dancer to kill his 18-year-old nephew Andre Montgomery so that he could collect hundreds of thousands of dollars in a life insurance policy on the teenager.”
Federal authorities claim that in 2014, Norman obtained a $450,000 life insurance on Andre to which he was the sole beneficiary.
The complaint reportedly reads, "There exists probable cause to believe that James Timothy Norman conspired with Terica Ellis and/or others known or unknown to investigators at this time to use a facility of interstate commerce, namely, a cellular telephone, to commit a murder-for-hire in exchange for United States currency.”
Terica Ellis has also been charged with the same crime.
RELATED: Prayers Up: Grandson of Sweetie Pie's Owner Shot and Killed
The criminal complaint alleges cell phone signals had Ellis near Montgomery at the time of his death, and more than $9,000 was deposited into several bank accounts, "including a savings account she opened the day after the homicide."
Andre was killed from a bullet to his head.
The complaint also reads, "Despite several additional efforts to collect on the policy since Montgomery's murder, Foresters has yet to pay out on the policy due to Norman's failure to provide several requested documents.”
PEOPLE reports James Timothy Norman did not respond to their request for comment.
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024