Former Houston Texan player, Deshaun Watson, has reached a settlement in 20 of the 24 civil lawsuits filed against him for allegations of sexual misconduct.
According to CBS Sports, the 26-year-old reached a settlement out of court, which has not been disclosed. Attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents the accusers, said in a statement, "Today, I announce that all cases against Deshaun Watson, with the exception of four, have settled. We are working through the paperwork related to those settlements. Once we have done so, those particular cases will be dismissed. The terms and amounts of the settlements are confidential. We won't comment further on the settlements or those cases."
RELATED: Nike Suspends Deshaun Watson Deal Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
The case concerning his original accuser, Ashley Solis, remains pending.
Watson was not indicted by Texas grand juries after finding there was not enough evidence to try him on criminal charges. But there could still be a punishment from the NFL prior to the 2022 season, which begins on Sept. 8. NFL spokesperson, Brian McCarthy, said in the following statement: "Today's development has no impact on the collectively bargained disciplinary process."
According to the Houston Chronicle, Watson was accused of sexual misconduct by 24 civil lawsuits filed by massage therapists during their sessions with the three-time NFL Pro Bowler. Earlier this month, The New York Times reported that he used at least 66 different massage therapists during a 17-month period before the first lawsuit was filed against him in March of 2021.
Deshaun Watson was recently traded to the Cleveland Browns.