Country singer Darius Rucker is among the list of celebrities going through the unfortunate experience of a public break up from his wife, Beth Leonard Rucker.
He recently told People that he looked to music to express and process his feelings. “You try to do it as real as you can. I’m not a big talk-to-you guy, but I can sit down and write a song about it,” Rucker said.
The pair have been separated for nearly three and a half years but are not officially divorced yet and are co-parenting their children together. They had been married for 20 years.
“That stuff hurts and you feel like a failure. But we’re still a family—a piece of paper is not going to change that. We’re still a family, and that’s all because Beth is awesome. She knows it’s the best for the kids, and she’s a great human being,” he told the outlet.
They are both committed to being "close friends and parenting partners," as said in a joint statement posted on Instagram back in 2020.
When it comes to dating, the star said, "At this moment, thoughts of dating are far from my mind," he shares. "My main objective is to be the best father I can be for my adult children."
The estranged couple share two children, Daniela, 22, and Jack, 18. Rucker is also dad to daughter Carolyn, 28, from a previous relationship. In addition, Rucker has a 28-year-old daughter, Carolyn of an earlier relationship.
In the interview with People, The Hootie & The Blowfish alum also addressed his relationship with his father. "It was tough growing up without a dad. I hated it. I had a lot of great father figures in my life, but not having him there was s---ty, and I don't ever want my kids to not know where their dad is or how they can get in touch with him because I never knew how to get in touch with mine."
The three-time Grammy award-winning artist further notes that his children play a crucial role in keeping him down-to-earth.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024