(Photo by Pat Greenhouse/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)
The recent college admissions scandal, which exposed Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman and Fuller House actress Lori Loughlin for allegedly bribing colleges to get their children admitted to prestigious schools, may result in 40 years behind bars for one of the Hollywood elites.
The site reports that the disgraced actress "refused to accept any jail time and thought the DA was bluffing." Now she "is finally realizing just how serious this is" and is allegedly "freaking out" at the possibility that she could serve time in jail for her reportedly criminal actions.
Loughlin and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, 55, have been charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, honest services mail fraud and conspiring to commit fraud and money laundering. These charges could see them face a maximum of 40 years behind bars.
The actress' recent plea deal refusal could set them back big time. If she had accepted, they may have been able to avoid jail time — at least to some degree.
Unlike Loughlin, Huffman allegedly copped a plea deal that will likely only require her to pay a hefty fine and serve probation. The actress pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud.
- Princess Love Files For Divorce From Ray JThe star of "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" broke the news on Instagram.02/26/2024
- 5 Things We Learned From the ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ DocuseriesThe two-part doc revealed much about the former TV show host's struggles with health, finances, and her bitter divorce.02/26/2024
- ‘Peetah’ Morgan Of Morgan Heritage Reggae Band Dies at 46No cause of death has been revealed.02/26/2024
- Ayo Edebiri And Da'Vine Joy Randolph Both Snag 2024 SAG AwardsLet’s show these sistas some love for their history-making achievements.02/26/2024
- Quavo Responds To Fan With Back Tattoo of Rapper's FaceThe loyal fan showed the Atlanta rapper his tribute to him in Milan, Italy.02/26/2024
- Jeffrey Wright Delivers Stirring Tribute To His Family At 2024 Spirit Awards“I am nowhere without you,” said the actor.02/26/2024