Akon reveals in an interview with VladTV that he received a $1 Billion line of credit from China to light up Africa with solar street lights and small energy systems.
“We did a lot of work. We used it and paid it back.” shared the musician.
“It’s all for energy solutions. Solar is what we do best, but anything renewable, we dipping our hands in it.”
He also commented on Russia’s President Vladimir Putin and shared his thoughts on why Russia controls so much energy in Europe.
“Russia controls about 40-60% of the energy in Europe. This is why it's so tough to go back at Putin. It’s very political. You gotta make very smart decisions. You have to understand and also try to predict Putin’s movements. He’s not the typical leader because he thinks so ahead.”
You can watch the clip below.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024