(Photo: John Lamparski/WireImage/Getty Images)
On the morning of July 10, the U.S. Women's National Team celebrated their World Cup victory with a historic ticker-tape parade down New York City's "Canyon of Heroes."
As the entire team rode atop floats, fans stood and cheered along the crowded lower Manhattan street before the players reached the steps of New York City's City Hall, where Mayor Bill De Blasio gave the women the key to the city.
Videos from the parade itself and the incredible speeches that followed took over everyone’s timeline.
Here were some of the most memorable moments of the day.
Goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris got all the behind-the-scenes videos of the team getting lit before the parade even started
On the float, the team continued to party with each other and thousands of fans who lined the streets
Posters and signs demanding equal pay were spotted everywhere in the crowd
Eventually, every member of the team was gifted a key to the city by Mayor De Blasio, and they responded in the best way
Megan Rapinoe’s energy on the float was a whole vibe
During the ceremony at City Hall, US Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro addressed the equal pay debate
“We believe at U.S. Soccer that all female athletes deserve fair and equitable pay and together we can get this done. Because as this team has taught us, being the greatest isn’t just about how you play on the field, it’s about what you stand for off the field. It’s about who we are as a sport and as a country.”
Each of the co-captains had a turn at the mic
Rapinoe stole the show with an inspiring speech about coming together as a nation
“This is my charge to everyone. We have to be better," she said. "We have to love more, hate less. We’ve got to listen more and talk less. We’ve got to know that this is everybody’s responsibility. Every single person here. Every single person who is not here. Every single person who doesn’t want to be here. Every single person who agrees and doesn’t agree, it’s our responsibility to make this world a better place.
“... There has been so much contention these last couple of years. I’ve been a victim of that. I’ve been a perpetrator of that. Our fight with the federation, sorry for some of the things I say. Not all of the things. But it’s time to come together."
Rapinoe’s speech was so good it had some people ready to throw her on the 2020 ballot
- Russell Wilson Revealed How He Was Prepared To Be a Step-FatherThe Super Bowl-winning quarterback opened up about his family life during an appearance on the “I AM ATHLETE” podcast.02/28/2024
- Secrets Unravel and Tensions Rise in the Latest Episode of 'The Oval'Kyle's dangerous game, Hunter's suspicions, and the mysterious journalist Lena add layers of intrigue. Buckle up for a rollercoaster of suspense in this week's intense developments.02/28/2024
- Gabourey Sidibe Announces She And Husband Brandon Frankel Are Expecting TwinsThey have been married since 2021.02/28/2024
- Jury Convicts Two Men On All Counts In Jam Master Jay Murder TrialRonald Washington, the famed DJ’s childhood friend, and Karl Jordan Jr., his godson, face life in prison after being convicted on all charges.02/28/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Let's Rewind & Marvel at Marsai Martin's Acceptance Speech From 2020If you didn't know already, Marsai Martin is a star!02/28/2024
- Ray J And Princess Love Relationship TimelineThey are headed towards divorce for the fourth time since getting married in 2016.02/28/2024