Maroon 5 keyboardist PJ Morton is readying up his ninth studio album, Watch The Sun, and the way the Grammy-Award winner is such a vocal phenomenon, we can only imagine the greatness this project will be once it hits the streets.
In a statement, the recently turned 41-year-old shared he’s opening up a little bit more about his past on this project.
“I’m being more honest, authentic, and open than I’ve been in the past,” he said.
“As much as people know about me, I’m pretty private about specifics, but these were some real things going on in my life. It manifested with lyrics that pushed myself, not just going with the first thing or the thing that felt good, but making sure that I challenged myself to go deeper.”
RELATED: The Gospel According To PJ Morton
Notable guest features are set to appear like Stevie Wonder, Jill Scott, Nas, Wale, El DeBarge, Alex Isley,, Mr. Talkbox, Zacardi Cortez, Gene Moore, Samoht, Tim Rogers and Darrel “MusiqCity” Walls, and JoJo.
The artist shared he doesn’t think about guest appearances during the creative process, but to make sure they fit the song.
“One of my main rules is to not think of guests while I’m creating,” Morton expressed.
“When you think of the guest first, it becomes about what would fit for them instead of just making the best song I can make. Every guest is there in a super-intentional way — not because of who they are, but because they fit on these songs.”
Watch The Sun is set to hit the streets later this month on April 29th and fans can currently pre-order the album.
Morton has a busy schedule ahead as he is set to perform as part of New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on April 29, the same day that album arrives.
The Gumbo artist also announced he will be performing in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia next month.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024