Photo: Josh Duplechian /NCAA Photos via Getty Images
Another major spring event has been canceled due to coronavirus.
The 2020 NCAA men's and women's championship tournaments have been called off, the organization announced on social media, and the events will not be rescheduled. That means the college basketball season has come to an abrupt end, without the traditional “March Madness” tournament to finish it off.
The news comes just after the NCAA announced it was closing its remaining events to fans, a move many of the coaches agreed was wise.
In the past 24 hours, the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, ACC, SEC, and Big Ten all canceled the remainder of their seasons.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024