Riah Nelson and Trey Brunson face a new reality as they become a party of three.
On Sunday (September 3), the couple—who appeared on season two of Netflix's The Ultimatum– shared on social media that they are expecting a child together, as reported by E! News. They each took to Instagram with separate posts of the same photo of an adorable gray onesie with matching baby booties to break the exciting news.
For the new mom-to-be, she is thrilled about her future.
“Next Chapter: Motherhood 👶🏾🍼,” she said in the caption of the post on Instagram. “These past 5 months have been so sweet and special. From hearing your heartbeat to little flutters and kicks. We cannot wait to meet you. ❤️,” she added.
The post also revealed that the baby is expected to arrive on January 5, 2024.
Trey expressed his joy on the same platform.
“EVERYBODY!!! Me and @jeriahnyree are ready to welcome our baby into the world. I fell in love with our little one as soon as I found out she was pregnant ❤️❤️❤️ Gender reveal coming soon 😁,” he captioned the post. He also pinned the sweet post to the top of his feed.
After dating for two years, Nelson and Brunson appeared on season two of the reality show to put their relationship to the test by dating other people in “trial marriages.” They each connected with other people during the experiment, but Brunson realized that Nelson was the one for him and popped the big question during the finale episode.
Although their love has stood the ultimate test, Nelson did not always believe she would become a mom.
During the reunion, Nelson told co-host Nick Lachey that she decided that motherhood would not be in her future because during a prior pregnancy, there was no heartbeat. Since that traumatic moment, her mind has changed.
"I know that I can't always just use things to protect my feelings and, let alone, not listen to what he wants," she confessed. "And, you know, I do wanna have a kid in the future."
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024