Megan Thee Rock and Roller has entered the chat. On Thursday, November 9th, Megan Thee Stallion dropped the rock remix of her latest single, “Cobra.” This updated version includes a collaboration with the Canadian-American heavy metal band Spiritbox. Mike Stringer, the group's guitarist, added an extra layer of edge to the vulnerable track.
Spiritbox’s Courtney LaPlante adds the lyrics, “Leave me alone in the dark/ I am shedding my skin/ I need to harden my heart/ To protect myself, but the pain remains within.”
Megan released “Cobra,” which notably samples “After the Cosmic Rain (Live at Musiklanden)” by Return to Forever, earlier this month. The song marked the Houston native’s first solo record as an independent artist. It dove into her tumultuous year, including her feud with record label 1500, fallouts with close ones, and the highly publicized shooting case involving fellow rapper Tory Lanez.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024