Photos from left: Kevin Winter/Getty Images for iHeartMedia
Madonna is standing by her ex-hushand Sean Penn in a lawsuit the Oscar winner has brought against Lee Daniels, in which Penn says Daniels falsely accused him of hitting women. Social media assumed Sean Penn abused Madonna when they were married in the 1980s, which is a longstanding rumor.
"While we certainly had more than one heated argument during our marriage, Sean has never struck me, 'tied me up,' or physically assaulted me, and any report to the contrary is completely outrageous, malicious, reckless and false," Madonna said in her affidavit. She identifies Penn, to whom she was married from 1985 until 1989, "a caring, compassionate individual, as well as an extremely talented actor, creative artist, and philanthropist."
Penn filed a $10 million defamation suit when Daniels called him out for abuse in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter while defending his Empire star Terrence Howard's alleged bouts with domestic violence.
"That poor boy," Daniels said in the interview. "[Terrence] ain't done nothing different than Marlon Brando or Sean Penn, and all of a sudden he's some f***ing demon. That's a sign of the time, of race, of where we are right now in America."
Daniels filed a claim saying he is protected by his First Amendment rights, but Penn's attorney's filed a complaint challenging the claim.
For now, it looks like this lawsuit isn't going away anytime soon. But if anyone in Hollywood is used to adversity, it's Lee. See how he has managed to overcome time and again in the video below:
(Photos from left: Kevin Winter/Getty Images for iHeartMedia, Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024