(Photo: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images)
In today’s random bit of WTF news, the cops were reportedly called to Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s lush Hamptons estate after some guy mistakenly wound up on their doorstop. Thankfully, things didn’t take a turn for the worse, like Bun B’s run in with a masked man who tried to rob him and his wife at gunpoint in their Texas home in April.
The East Hampton Star reported that cops were recently dispatched to Bey and Jay’s East Coast pad 30 minutes past midnight after their guards flagged down a possible intruder. Earlier this year, the power couple made headlines when they plunked down a cool $26 million for a 12,000-square-foot bespoke estate in the Hamptons.
According to the report, an unidentified man randomly showed up in the driveway of their estate out of the blue supposedly looking for a friend. He didn’t get far as the security guards stopped him right at the gated entrance.
Speaking to the security guards through the driveway keypad, the man gave the security guards the name of his friend and they promptly him turned away. Taking no chances, they immediately called the cops on the man, even though Bey and Jay were not home at the time.
The police tracked him down with a photo sent to them from the guards and found him aimlessly wandering around a few blocks down the street.
The man told the police that a friend had invited him over to their house and gave him the same exact address of Bey and Jay’s estate, but once the cops explained the situation to him, it dawned on him that his friend had set up him and was playing a joke on him. The authorities cleared the whole situation up and escorted the helplessly lost man to the train station.
While a crisis was averted, we’re not sure it’s a good idea to have your pal running up to the home of two of the world’s most popular superstars.
What do y'all think: prank of the summer or worst friend of the year?
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024