Before reality show fame, Kim Kardashian was partially known as one of the daughters of Robert Kardashian, a close friend and former lawyer for O.J. Simpson during his mid-90s arrest, trial, and acquittal for first degree murder.
Her link with Simpson (whose slain ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson was one of Kardashian’s mother Kris Jenner’s best friends) is something she spoke about while chatting with her friend Jonathan Cheban on the most recent episode of his podcast. According to Kim, she had a random encounter with O.J. years after the infamous trial that left her in tears.
“I think the last time I saw him was in Miami. It was before he had gone to jail for this, you know, last situation,” Kim recalled, referring to OJ's prison stint from 2008 to 2017 for armed robbery and kidnapping in Las Vegas.
“I think me, Kourtney and Khloé were in Miami in a club, and we ran into him in the VIP section. It was behind a stage or something. I don’t even know what club it was at. I started crying. It was emotional, I think,” she continued.
Kim also explained that she doesn’t talk much publicly about the O.J. Simpson trial out of respect for surviving members of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman’s family (Simpson was accused of murdering Brown and Goldman) and Simpson’s children.
“I don’t really talk about it,” Kim said. “I just, you know, his kids are all so amazing, and Nicole’s kids. And I’m still somewhat friendly with his children. I don’t really talk to them, but I did connect with his son a few years back, and I just have respect for them.”
O.J. Simpson’s two children with Nicole Brown: Justin, who is now 31, and Sydney, now 33. He also shares two children with a woman from a previous marriage.
“Their lives must be extremely hard, to really go through that, so I always try to just keep to myself on that issue and not bring anything up for them.”
Robert Kardashian passed away in 2003 from esophageal cancer, a few years after successfully defending Simpson against the murder charges.
Listen to the full podcast here.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024