Legendary music producer Teddy Riley previously shared with millions of fans in an Instagram post that he had not seen his son in three years. Now in the latest episode of Red Table Talk, Riley is opening up about the heartbreaking situation.
Hosted by Jada Pinkett Smith, Willow Smith and Adrienne Banfield-Norris, the two-time Grammy award winner talks about custody and child support regarding his son.
“I’m just hearing from so many different people that his mom’s goal is to keep him away from me,” Riley said. “It really hurts because here’s someone I wanted to marry and I gave everything to.”
According to the Psychiatric Times, over 22 million adults have been targets of parental alienation in the United States.
Riley notes that he didn't meet his biological father until he was nine and told himself that he never wanted to be like his dad.
"I have to change the narrative and be in all of my kids' lives,'' he adds. The 54-year-old has nine kids and claims that Mykal's mother doesn't want her son to have a relationship with his siblings.
Riley also states that his son's mother came up with a contract that did not involve the courts.
"We have a co-parenting contract, and I lived to that contract," he shares before going over what he says are the contract's details. "[The contract] is one-sided because in the contract, I let her have the physical custody and I did not read that. I just said 'You do it. You handle it because she actually worked for my accountant and she knew everything."
He continues, “Now, it’s a co-parenting contract where I pay this much and I’ll share statements. Then she said once he gets in first grade, in the contract it goes down a half.”
“When it went down half, she went to court,” he admits. “She wanted to get past the contract and just went straight for the gusto.”
Riley also goes on to say that he doesn’t want to speak negatively about her.
“One thing I don’t want to do is bash her,” he adds. “There’s going to be a point where I’m going to see him because I will spend my everything to see my son.”
Be sure to watch the new episode of Red Table Talk: Parental Alienation: When Your Child is Turned Against You streaming on Wednesday (Sept. 14) at 9 am PT/ 12 pm ET on Facebook Watch.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024