Talk about déjà vu! After reuniting last year and working on a comeback album, Danity Kane has officially broken up for a second time. A "full statement" was released by two of the trio's members detailing the drama behind the recent fight and their decision to split.
The statement was released via TwitDoc Friday afternoon and was signed by Aubrey O'Day and Shannon Bex. The third of the trio, Dawn Richard, reportedly left on bad terms following a run-in with O'Day, which resulted in her punching her group-mate in the back of the head.
"To be clear, she [Richard] was not physically engaged or threatened prior to her attack on me," O'Day wrote. "This is the same information I provided to the police, and witnesses also corroborated this account of the incident."
Richard showed "no sign of remorse" O'Day added, and further explained that a feud between the two had been brewing over the course of the past year, with Richard's behavior getting "darker and darker."
In regards to the breakup, both O'Day and Bex expressed their apologies to their fans who were anticipating their musical return. "We know it must be devastating for our fans to have spent the last twelve months supporting our every move, and for that we cannot apologize enough," they said.
Dawn has not yet responded to the statement or the allegations against her.
Earlier this year, DK's fourth member, Aundrea Fimbres, announced her departure from the group during their No Filter Tour stop in San Francisco.
The group was reportedly in the process of wrapping up their new album, the follow-up to their 2008 release Welcome to the Dollhouse. "Lemonade," the first major single from the album, was released in May.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024