NFL star wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. was removed on Sunday (Nov. 27) from a plane in Miami by the police after the flight crew said he was “in and out of consciousness” and declined to leave the aircraft.
The Miami-Dade Police Department said officers responded to a medical emergency at approximately 9:30 a.m. on an American Airlines flight, according to information NFL.com reporter Tom Pelissero obtained from the police.
Flight attendants said Beckham was going in and out of consciousness prior to departure when they asked him to buckle his seatbelt, the police report said. They feared that he was seriously ill and had concerns about his well-being during the five-hour flight.
When the police arrived, Beckham refused several requests from the crew to exit the aircraft, the police said. After the plane was evacuated, Beckham exited without incident when the officers asked him to leave.
ESPN reported that Beckham’s attorney Daniel Davillier said an “overzealous flight attendant” created a “completely unnecessary” incident because the free agent had been sleeping.
"At no time was Mr. Beckham disruptive or combative," Davillier stated. "He was willing to comply with the seatbelt requirement, but the flight attendant wanted to prove that he had the authority to have Mr. Beckham removed from the flight."
Beckham called the situation a “comedy hr.” in a series of tweets.
The police said Beckham was escorted to a non-secure area of the terminal where he made other flight arrangements. ESPN reported that the police did not arrest him.
Beckham is recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in the 2022 Super Bowl. The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly top of the list as the free agent meets with several NFL teams interested in signing him.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024