Dante Bowe Gets Ready for the 2023 Soul Train Awards
The "Soul Train Awards 2023" was like a cookout full of love, black joy, and soul as we celebrated our R&B stars at Keke Palmer's house and it was an extravaganza you didn't want to miss.
Aside from our hostess with the mostess, we celebrated acts like Janelle Monae and Coco Jones, who walked away victorious and saw performances from Eric Bellinger, Arin Ray, Maeta, Muni Long, Marsha Ambrosius, and many more.
Now, before he hit the stage, we were able to catch up with Dante Bowe, who gave us a sneak peek into his look for the evening and let us chill out with him as he got ready for the evening's festivities.
"I can honestly say I'm very excited and we're going to do our best to give you something great," Bowe said.
"My creative director, Sean Bankhead, helped me and we went crazy for two weeks. This is something nobody would expect to come from me and I'm bringing something different to the Soul Train Awards this year. I think it's necessary because Soul Train is doing something different this year."
As Bowe spoke with us, he showed us his skincare regimen, and then we got into the looks, which were picked out by his stylist Charles Rose, who shares a tip to styling: understanding your clients.
"From a stylist point of view, it's about knowing your client," Rose began.
"You want your client to be comfortable. You can put your client in $40,000 worth of clothes -- if they aren't comfortable, it's not going to look good. When you put them in something they would wear, that's when you have a good fit."
Watch Rose get Bowe together for the big night.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024