Darius Rucker is shedding light on how he’s coping with divorcing his wife Beth Leonard after 20 years of marriage.
During an interview with Apple Music’s Today's Country Radio with Kelleigh Bannen, the Hootie & the Blowfish lead singer said he has discovered "a lot" about himself following his split from Leonard in 2020, as reported by PEOPLE.
“I learned how there’s help out there for people," he said.
"You know, being raised the way I was and where I was…and in the Black community especially, that’s frowned upon a lot, too. But I learned that there’s a lot of people out there that’ll talk to you, that’ll help you a lot.”
Rucker also said music has “always been my therapy.”
In October, he dropped his latest album, "Carolyn's Boy." The track "Never Been Over" delves into the changes within his life post-divorce.
"It’s just one of those songs, and I love it,” he said, adding that when he finished it, he “was like, ‘man, that was therapy right there.’”
The Grammy winner announced his split from Leonard on Instagram in July 2020. The exes are parents to daughter Daniela, 22, and son Jack, 18. He is also dad to 28-year-old daughter Carolyn from a previous relationship.
“Your kids are still your kids, and you have a life, and you try to make the best of it,” he said. “Like I always say, [Leonard is] a saint, she’s an amazing human being, and she’s a great mom. And we get through life.”
Last month, he told PEOPLE about life as a single man and discussed potentially hopping back in the dating pool.
“I’m not thinking about that right now,” he said. “I’m just trying to be the best dad I can be for those grown kids.”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024