(Photo: Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
In the new film Star Trek Beyond, which premieres in theatres today, one of the major themes is strength with a standout line in movie being "Struggle makes us strong." Speaking directly on this quote, Zoe Saldana touched on a particular struggle in her career that she was forced to come to terms with, recently.
"[My] struggle is making peace with the fact that I will spend half of my life being misunderstood," she said. "I'm in the process of making peace with that."
The actress may be alluding to the recent severe backlash she received for her portrayal of music legend Nina Simone in the biopic Nina. Fans and critics alike roasted the actress for accepting the role despite her sharing very little similarities to the singer's features.
Also sharing a struggle of his own, Zoe's co-star John Cho mentioned finding that perfect balance between family and career was initially tough for him to manage.
"I guess, for me, in my career, it would be splitting the difference between family and career," he said. "Before you have kids, you learn to give all of yourself and sacrifice everything for your career and then you have to really go back on that promise to yourself and realize that somebody else is more important than you."
Watch the actors also share their thoughts on how the world can move on from the recent tragedies in the video, above.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024