Bronx drill rapper DThang Gz has been arrested with 33 other local rappers after the New York Police Department and the Bronx District Attorney issued a 65-count indictment on Tuesday (May 24).
According to ABC7, the various indictments include conspiracy to commit murder, attempted murder, attempted assault, and criminal possession of a weapon, are now connected to members of the Bloods-affiliated RPT organization.
Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark and NYPD Commissioner Keechant Sewell say that the indictment is related to several shootings in and around River Park Towers complex, an apartment building in the Highbridge neighborhood of the Bronx.
"These defendants allegedly engaged in gun violence, committing six shootings, one which injured a rival gang member," Clark said according to ABC7. "They allegedly fired wildly on the streets without regard for the lives of anyone else. They allegedly possessed a gun used in shootings that they posed with on social media and rapped about the violence. I thank the NYPD for their partnership in this investigation.”
Adding, “We are doing all we can to battle the gun scourge, but more must be done to deviate young people from a life of gangs and senseless violence. I am calling on rappers from the Bronx to stop using music to encourage shootings and use it to better the community. I am asking to have a summit with aspiring rappers and the rap stars who come from the Bronx, record companies, radio stations and social media so we can find solutions to prevent further violence."
The accused are also charged with an animal cruelty misdemeanor after live-streaming beating a pigeon to death with a cane on Facebook live.
Members of the RPT organization have also allegedly used several social media platforms to increase their following, recruit new members, display firearms and more.
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024