(Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for WE tv)
Keke Wyatt took to social media earlier this week to tearfully share that her husband of seven years, Michael Jamar, has asked her for a divorce while she is carrying their ninth child.
Now, Jamar is speaking out and is explaining why he is choosing to walk away from his marriage with the R&B singer.
"For over seven years I have been Keke's husband, backbone, friend, confidant, and support system," he told theJasmineBRAND.com. "I have loved, raised, supported, and cared for every child in our family (biological or not), including our son who is currently battling leukemia. I will continue to be that person and do all of these things, but I will not be her husband."
Jamar went on to further explain in detail what pushed him to the edge and let him know that their marriage was over.
"I can no longer allow our children to live in a toxic environment and, because I love Keke, I can no longer accept toxic behavior," he said. "A home should be a refuge of peace from the inequity and harshness of the world. Keke is much stronger than she gives herself credit for and she is a great mother. There is a healing that needs to take place and I have faith that it will happen."
He ended his statement by asking fans to keep them and their family in their prayers and to be cognizant of the effects of their critiques.
"Now, as our family deals with these realities I humbly ask that you please keep us lifted in prayer, and when you comment please keep our children in mind," he said.
Keke Wyatt and Michael Jamar tied the knot back in 2010. They have a blended family consisting of eight children with three fathered by the singer's first husband, Rahmat Morton, one from Jamar's previous relationship, and the remainder from their own. They have one more — their ninth — currently on the way.
Watch Keke talk about her family and hubby in the Wendy Williams clip, above.
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024