Marvel is reportedly set to add more texture to its new breed of superheroes with the introduction of a teen superheroine by the name of Ngozi.
According to Reuters, Ngozi is the star of a new comic titled "Blessing in Disguise," which is set in Lagos, Nigeria. It is written by award-winning Nigerian-American author Nnedi Okorafor and was inspired by the Chibok girls, which became a large topic of conversation in 2014 due to the abduction of about 220 schoolgirls by the militant group Boko Haram.
Take a look at an excerpt from the comic below:
"They were normal girls who suddenly had to deal with a huge change in their lives... and their story of perseverance is so powerful," Okorafor told the site. "Like many Nigerian girls, Ngozi comes in a small package but is strong-willed and determined."
This new story is a part of Marvel's Venomverse comic, which sees Ngozi share the spotlight with several more well-known Marvel figures, including Black Panther and Deadpool. With the hype surrounding Ryan Coogler's Black Panther film, we're sure Ngozi is being eyed for big screen treatment as well.
Get more Marvel news with BET Breaks, above.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024