Eric Holder has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Nipsey Hussle.
According to CBS Los Angeles, on Wednesday (July 6), the jury deliberated for about six hours before reaching its verdict.
32-year-old Holder had also been charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder because two bystanders were hit by gunfire, but according to The Associated Press, the jury found him guilty of two counts of attempted voluntary manslaughter instead.
During the trial, prosecutors alleged that Holder’s shooting was planned out in advance. Holder’s getaway driver, Bryannita Nicholson, also testified and detailed the events that happened before and after the shooting. Deputy District Attorney John McKinney said there was “no doubt” Holder knew he’d kill Hussle, born Ermias Asghedom, adding he shot the rapper at least 10 times and kicked him in the head before running away.
McKinney detailed the dispute between the pair with Hussle hearing that Holder was a snitch and wanted to “clear that up,” the AP reports. The deputy district attorney said the pair, along with two of Hussle’s friends, had a “cool conversation” with Holder prior to the attack. He was accused of returning to the scene and murdering the rapper after feeling disrespected during that prior exchange.
Last week, Holder was attacked by “multiple individuals” while in a jail holding cell. CBS News reports he was allegedly cut by a razor and taken to the hospital, where he received an MRI and staples in the back of his head.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024