In a surprising move last month, André 3000 shocked Hip-Hop enthusiasts by dropping his debut solo project, “New Blue Sun,” an entire album led by flute melodies and devoid of any rap lyrics.
In a recent interview with Citizen Magazine, as part of a series of talks surrounding the much-discussed project, the 48-year-old industry veteran disclosed that the album was initially named “Everything Is Too Loud.” However, he later reconsidered, feeling that the title carried too negative a connotation.
“We’re the loudest that we’ve ever been,” the OutKast co-founder said of the current music landscape. “At one point, the album was called ‘Everything Is Too Loud.’ But then I just felt like that’s a negative title. You know? I didn’t want to put negative energy out.”
“So I was like, ‘What’s a positive way to say the same thing?’ So ‘New Blue Sun’ is introducing a new kind of volume, you know? It’s looking past the complaint and trying to figure out, well, what can we do about it?”
André's instrumental LP has already made history. The project’s opening track, “I Swear, I Really Wanted to Make a ‘Rap’ Album But This Is Literally the Way the Wind Blew Me This Time,’ became the lengthiest song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 at 12 minutes and 20 seconds. The record was previously held by Taylor Swift for “All Too Well (Taylor’s Version),” which comes in at 10 minutes and 13 seconds.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024