O.J. Simpson is now a free man.
The former football star was released after serving nine years in a Nevada prison for a botched hotel robbery and kidnapping in Las Vegas.
Simpson was released at 12:08 a.m. PST from the Lovelock Correctional Center in northern Nevada, Brooke Keast, a state prisons spokesperson, told the Associated Press. She did not know who met Simpson to pick him up and doesn’t know where he’s headed.
According to ESPN, Tom Scotto, a close friend of Simpson’s who lives in southern Florida, said that he was with Simpson following his release. He also did not address where O.J. would be headed during his first few hours of freedom.
Previously, Simpson expressed his desire in wanting to move back to Florida where he resided before his conviction.
Yesterday (September 30), it was reported that Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi said O.J. Simpson is not welcome to relocate to Florida after his release.
According to the Palm Beach Post, Bondi wrote a letter to the Las Vegas Department of Corrections and requested to "immediately notify all appropriate authorities" that Florida would be opposed to his return.
"Floridians are well aware of Mr. Simpson’s background, his wanton disregard for the lives of others, and of his scofflaw attitude with respect to the heinous acts for which he has been found civilly liable," she wrote. "The specter of his residing in comfort in Florida should not be an option."
OJ Simpson was granted freedom after being granted parole at a hearing in July. He will face five more years of parole supervision.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024