On her podcast, BABY, THIS IS KEKE PALMER, our girl Keke Palmer reveals that she doesn't do one-on-one dates for the first date with someone she met online. Others may disagree and prefer not to invite a total stranger around their friends.
"When we hang out for the first time in real life, I don't want to be one-on-one," she said, adding that she often will invite someone to a kickback around her friends.
But, that isn't a problem for Palmer anymore, because she is happily in a relationship with Darius Jackson with whom she just welcomed a son, Leodis Andrellton Jackson.
When talking about Jackson, she says that neither of them is "perfect," she adds that she has told Jackson that he is everything she "visualized," and that he doesn't often believe her. She listed several qualities including being able to embrace the soft side of life and a sense of humor. She playfully adds "somebody cheesy and corny in all the right ways, but still knew how to dress and still gave me a vibe," she adds. "When that kind of person comes into your life, you really are like… 'wow, I really did think this up or at least vibrate in the space that allowed this."
Palmer recently starred in her directorial debut--the short film, Big Boss, which will also be accompanied by a new soundtrack with her on vocals. “For many years I felt like I couldn’t do that,” the multiple NAACP Image Award winner said. “The record labels kinda beat me down and made me feel like I had to be somebody else. I couldn’t be myself and share what was unique to me. Billy was pivotal in allowing me to not think about the way I always thought I had to do it but think about the way that I could do it.”
“It definitely gave me a lot more of an understanding for the people that I’ve worked with,” Palmer, 29, said, arriving at the premiere dressed in a cheetah-print catsuit. “There’s a lot more going on than just being the talent, but it was an amazing opportunity and a lot to take in.”
“I want everybody to see it and get an opportunity to check out some of the scripted and unscripted content we have,” Palmer added. “I’m excited to share it with the world and very thankful for the festival for allowing me a moment to shine.”
Big Boss will permanently air on KeyTV Network, Palmer’s free digital content channel that syndicates on Facebook and YouTube, beginning May 12.
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024