Kevin Hart is speaking out in response to leaked emails from Sony Pictures executives in which Screen Gems boss Clint Culpepper called him a "whore" for negotiating a higher salary. Hart, who has headlined a string of hit films for Screen Gems, a division of Sony, made it clear on Instagram today that he won't tolerate the disrespect.
“Knowing your self worth is extremely important, people,” the star wrote Thursday. “I worked very hard to get where I am today. I look at myself as a brand and because of that I will never allow myself to be taking [sic] advantage of."
Continues Hart, “I OWN MY BRAND…I MAKE SMART DECISIONS FOR MY BRAND….I PROTECT MY BRAND. Which is why I’m able to brush ignorance off of my shoulder and continue to move forward."
“I refuse to be broken, people,” he concludes. “With that being said its now time for me to get back to building this empire that I’ve always dreamed of!”
Hart wasn't the only one revealed to be the subject of executive backstabbing — in fact, the actor's name came up in another salacious email chain. Earlier in the week, an exchange between producer Scott Rudin and Sony co-chairman Amy Pascal targeted President Barack Obama. When speculating what kinds of films President Obama watches, Rudin responded, "I bet he likes Kevin Hart."
Rudin and Pascal have both apologized for their comments in the leaked emails.
Click here to win a trip to the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration in Phoenix, AZ, plus 4 tickets to the Big Game.
(Photo: Lisa Lake/Getty Images for Screen Gems/Sony)
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024