(Photo by Antonio Perez - Pool via Getty Images)
After a trial that lasted over a month, R&B singer R. Kelly has been found guilty on nine counts of racketeering and sex trafficking charges, facing at least 20 years in prison. Reactions to the news have started pouring in with many people celebrating the verdict in the name of those who were victimized by the songwriting icon for years.
Burke reacted with an emoji and a meme:
Journalists, activists and thought leaders — many of whom have been instrumental in holding Kelly to account since allegations first surfaced about his criminal behavior — are also weighing in on the verdict:
Notably silent are many celebrities, including the ones who worked with Kelly despite whispers and allegations of his criminal misconduct. Hopefully today's guilty verdict will embolden more people to speak out in defense of his victims and take a stand against sexual abuse of all kinds.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024