Earlier in July 2017, the ASAP Mob faced one of its biggest controversies yet, when a video of ASAP Bari and an unknown woman showing explicit and allegedly nonconsensual activity went viral. Bari quickly attempted to do damage control following public outrage, but subsequently lost his business deal with Nike. And now it looks like some of his squad is turning their backs on him as well. In a recent on The Breakfast Club, ASAP Ferg responded to the Bari allegations and said what many others in the rap community have shied away from saying.
Ferg initially came on the New York radio station to promote his new album Still Striving, but when asked to speak on Bari, the rapper didn’t hesitate to address it. He suggested that his past actions were “disgusting” and unacceptable. “We had to kinda sit him down for a second,” Ferg said. “We don’t condone that kind of behavior… I wouldn’t want to see that with nobody in my household.”
When asked about ASAP Rocky’s previous comments, in which the rapper called Bari a “b***h” during a concert, Ferg couldn't help but see where he was coming from. “He had it coming to him. It’s a b***h move.” While Ferg acknowledged that Bari is still a part of the mob, he stated that there is “definitely” talk of him being removed from their roster. “It’s a bad reflection on all of us,” he added. Ferg also stated that he is trying to separate himself from that negative image as he continues to promote his album and tour with the rest of his mob family.
In addition to the release of Still Striving, Ferg is prepping for ASAP Mob’s compilation project, Cozy Tape Vol. 2, which is set to drop on Aug. 25. Additionally, the Harlem native is scheduled to go on tour with the rest of his clique on Too Cozy Tour.
Check out ASAP Ferg’s comment on Bari around the 7:10 mark.
(Photo: Noam Galai/WireImage)