(Photo: Baltimore Police Department)
An 18-year-old Baltimore man was arrested and charged with raping and strangling a homeless woman to death, according to Baltimore Police.
James Arthur House, was arrested on Monday for the crime, which took place last week in downtown Baltimore, reported the Baltimore Sun. During a press conference, Baltimore City Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said the 18-year-old allegedly confessed to the crimes during an interrogation by homicide detectives.
Police identified the victim as Jessica Gibson, 35, who had no fixed address. Gibson’s body was discovered on an access road on Wednesday morning, police said.
Although police believe Gibson and House may have had a relationship before the attack, the extent of their relationship remains unknown. Gibson, who had four children, was likely attacked on the access road behind Power Plant Live and the Port Discovery Children’s Museum, a very populated area in Downtown Baltimore.
According to police, some of the sexual assault on Gibson occurred after she was dead.
Baltimore police obtained video surveillance from the area that showed Gibson and House interacting prior to the attack; however, the footage does not show the attack or anything that seemed “volatile,” said T.J. Smith, a police spokesman.
House, who did not have a prior adult criminal record, has been charged with 12 criminal counts in relation to the incident, including first- and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree rape, four sex offense charges, perverted practice, two assault charges and reckless endangerment, police told the Baltimore Sun.
House was ordered held without bail at a bail review hearing on Monday, according to court records.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024