T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach are finally setting the record straight on their relationship that garnered massive attention after photos surfaced of them being romantically linked in 2022.
The couple spoke candidly on Tuesday (Dec. 5) during the debut of their new iHeartRadio podcast, "Amy and T.J.," where they discussed how their relationship led to drama at ABC, as reported by PEOPLE. According to Robach, this is "the first time we get to say what happened and where we are today."
Holmes said they are "the folks who lost the jobs we love because we love each other." He added, "That is bottom line and that is why we are here now."
Robach followed by saying they have "gone through a year of hell" after their private courtship was exposed. "In the end, all of us are always rooting for love," she explained. "It doesn’t always happen when you want it to happen. And it's undeniable when it’s real and it’s something you have to navigate and it’s not easy."
"Relationships are hard, they’re messy, they’re not perfect. We have fought for love, and I can say I have never been happier. I am with my best friend," she continued.
Still, Holmes said he is the “happiest and healthiest that I've been in my life." He also made it very clear where he stands with Robach.
"Bottom line, we have not said this. I'm in love with this woman, and she's in love with me, and we are planning a life together."
"A lot of you understand that life, love, marriage, relationships can be messy and usually are," said Holmes.
The premiere of their new show comes exactly one year after ABC News President Kim Godwin decided to pump the brakes on their work at the network following the scandal.
"Today is a special day," said Robach. "It’s almost apropos that we would have this podcast air on December 5th because December 5th last year, exactly one year ago today, was the day we were told not to come into work."
"We never got a follow-up call to say come back," Holmes quipped, while Robach chimed in, "That’s true. It was the opposite.”
They also addressed rumors their romance began as a result of infidelity.
“To be clear, we were outed as being in a relationship, but everyone else thought we were being outed as adulterers — being outed as cheating on our spouses — and it wasn’t the case because the odd thing is, the day those pictures were taken and the day that article was released, we both at that point were in divorce proceedings," Holmes explained.
"We had attorneys, mediators, we were in the middle of divorces," Robach emphasized. She also said the first picture of the pair taken in New York occurred after her estranged husband had already moved out of the house they shared "three months earlier."
Not only that, Holmes and Robach said they were planning to go public with their love in the form of a press release after their respective divorces were final.
"I have it in my phone still," noted Holmes. "You made a statement about where you were in your marriage, and I made a statement about my divorce proceeding and those statements were never released."
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024