Miami Beach police have responded to Solange's claims that they discriminated against her this past weekend and although the stories match up they paint a very different picture.
According to TMZ, cops say Solange was denied entry into Miami Beach's Club Cameo because she was carrying a five-foot tall inflatable banana. Bey's lil sis claims that she was being discriminated against.
"I have literally had my last leg with discriminating police! Miami police department will be notified," she told her Twitter followers. "A police officer just pulled a weapon on me… I have done NOTHING illegal, against the law, or anything of the sort."
The police tell a different story. They say Knowles became so unruly that they took her across the street to calm her down. Apparently that's when Solange claims they pulled a knife on her, presumable to deflate the banana.
Miami Beach Police Cmdr. Delrish Moss issued the following statement.
“Over the weekend, the lion’s share of the mainstream and entertainment media reported that the Miami Police Department had a confrontation with Solange Knowles, the sister of Beyoncé Knowles of record and movie fame. We have investigated and found that this incident DID NOT occur in our city,” Moss said in a written statement.
(Photo: Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images for Range Rover Evoque)
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Let's Rewind & Marvel at Marsai Martin's Acceptance Speech From 2020If you didn't know already, Marsai Martin is a star!02/28/2024
- Ray J And Princess Love Relationship TimelineThey are headed towards divorce for the fourth time since getting married in 2016.02/28/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Roles that Defined Keke Palmer's CareerThe Emmy-winning “booked and busy” actress has dazzled audiences onscreen for the last two decades.02/28/2024
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024