Let’s cut to the chase.
Amber and Joseline have their respective meetings with the faculty. Both women want to stay and plead their cases against getting expelled. At the end of the day, Joseline levied a personal attack on Amber. The faculty described her language as derogatory because violence can be verbal too. Amber took the bait and swung on Joseline, so here we are. Both women get sent home.
Amber returns to the house first and says her goodbyes before the remaining roommates head off to learn about the Freedom Riders and tour historical places.
In more fun news, New York still crushes on O’Ryan and confides in Kway that she will seduce him with a bubble bath. She always fantasized about saying, “Your royal penis is clean, your highness.”
She starts the bubble bath and adds rose petals and candles for ambiance. O’Ryan looks pretty appreciative, and then we see them going into the bathroom together. The door is still cracked, so you can see and hear bits and pieces of what’s happening, including New York's offer to wash O’Ryan’s back and his agreement. Meanwhile, Kway is in the same room trying to study, but he’s really just eavesdropping. Finally, New York and O’Ryan close the door on us.
New York immediately tells Kway she needs more towels because O’Ryan wants her to oil him up. As far as we know, nothing else goes down, but New York says that O’Ryan has a nice ripe banana.
Let’s fast forward.
The remaining roommates meet with Dr. Yaba Blay, who does a lot of work around blackness as social and cultural constructs and how that fits into the intersections of race, gender, and everything else. Dr. Blay, author of One Drop: Shifting the Lens on Race, says the session is to help the roommates process what has been happening. Dr. Blay explains her work, how she grew up in New Orleans around people who identify as Creole, and how some people may not look Black but still identify as such due to their heritage. She also discussed colorism and what it means to be Black. Parker talks about how conversations like this are painful because she doesn’t like when people try to identify her, which Amber Rose also mentioned was a trigger.
Dr. Blay talks about how the bitter reality of the world is that we live in a racialized society where people often define us. Other underlying issues here are unconscious bias and colorism. Dr. Blay gets them to break down the function and purpose of these insidious isms and how the point is to keep people divided. The point is we shouldn’t be in the position of wanting to fight each other behind all of the above.
We end the episode with Joseline stopping by to say goodbye, but Parker and Kway decide to go to the movies instead. Parker said she’s offended by Josleine’s comments, as a biracial person and not ready to talk to her yet and Kway isn’t feeling her either. Joseline expresses her regrets, but she turns up with the remaining roommates one last time before heading off into the sunset.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024