Drake and 21 Savage’s legal battle with Condé Nast is reportedly ending.
Semafor reports that the publisher reached a settlement with the pair of rappers this week, more than three months after it sued the duo over a fake Vogue cover they created. Via an internal memo released on Thursday (February 16), Condé Nast announced the news, saying they had secured a permanent injunction prohibiting the use of Vogue’s trademark for commercial purposes.
“As a creative company, we of course understand our brands may from time to time be referenced in other creative works,” Condé Nast general counsel Will Bowes wrote. “In this instance, however, it was clear to us that Drake and 21 Savage leveraged Vogue’s reputation for their own commercial purposes and, in the process, confused audiences who trust Vogue as the authoritative voice on fashion and culture.”
Drake and 21 Savage Ordered To Cease Distribution Of Their Fake Vogue Magazine Cover
The details of the agreement have not yet been confirmed, however the memo indicates that the plaintiffs received a monetary settlement that will benefit their “ongoing creative output, including Vogue editorial.”
Originally, the lawsuit was filed in early November after the Her Loss rappers shared a fake October 2022 issue of Vogue with their images on the cover and pages within. The promo attempt was one of several the duo did for their album.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024