Dapper Dan is making sure our wardrobe is Spring 2024 certified.
Dropping this Friday (Jan. 9), the legendary Harlem fashion designer is debuting his latest collection with Gap.
DAP GAP is a fashion-forward nod to the western-wear trend that we've seen Louis Vuitton creative director rock at Paris Fashion Week, as well as at the 66th Grammy Awards. This line is also Dapper Dan’s largest collection to date with the Gap since they joined forces in.
The 22-capsule collection includes a denim kimono jacket, a western-style denim button-down shirt, an embroidered cotton Oxford shirt, and a houndstooth icon denim jean jacket with matching straight-fit pants, along with four new logo hoodies.
"At certain points in history, the hoodie had been used to represent the dark side of our culture, so this partnership with Gap presents it in a way that shows you can wear a hoodie and be fly, be international, and elegant,” said the designer.
“This new installation also symbolizes universal love and unity. You’ll see every single piece of this collection was created with love and intention, down to the updated logo stitched inside each garment. We are in the present, preparing for the future, because this brand, this collaboration, is about bringing everybody together. We were some of the original cowboys. But we are also the faces of the world to come—we are the urban cowboys.”
This line is body-inclusive, with options that range from children’s sizes 8 to an adult's XXXL. The price points on these pieces in the DAP GAP Collection range from $25 to $158.
The collection is available online at gap.com, and can be shopped in seven stores nationwide and in specific NYC gap retail locations, including Times Square, Bay Plaza in the Bronx, and Gap Outlet at 125th Street in Harlem. Other store locations include 2 Folsom in San Francisco, Gap Grove in Los Angeles, and in Washington, D.C., at Tyson's Corner Center.
Follow @gap and @dapperdanharlem on social channels for the latest updates on the collection.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024