The Slutty Vegan founder and CEO, 35, exchanged vows with Hayes on June 10 at St. Regis in the heart of the ATL in front of 300 guests including Jeezy, Jeannie-Mai Jenkins, Doug E. Fresh, 106 & Park alum AJ Calloway, Yandy Smith-Harris and Mendeecees Harris.
The plant-based burger businesswoman told PEOPLE that marrying Hayes was a dream made reality especially after she showed her wedding gown to her mother, something she admits once seemed impossible. “It’s a fairytale, a Cinderella wedding. “Just the other day, my mother saw me in my dress for the first time, and I never thought I would see myself in a wedding dress. It's a dream come true because I’m doing something that no one in my family has ever done. Walking down the aisle was a big step for Cole, but one filled with influence and power to inspire the next generation in her family. “To be the first to have a wedding is a big deal. I’m breaking generational patterns and creating a new one,” she told the outlet.
Cole and Hayes' journey to the aisle began in the summer of 2020 during a business meeting at a local cafe in Atlanta, the same city where their booming businesses are located. Two years later, the Big Dave's Cheesesteaks founder got down on one knee to ask for Cole's hand in marriage.
Of Hayes becoming a husband, he told the outlet that marriage was the most significant moment in his life that would rear his future exactly where he envisioned it- with Cole. “Becoming husband and wife means everything to me because I can finally share myself with someone and become a union,” he says. “I’m looking forward to it because it allows me to raise my kids in an environment I want to see them in. I believe everyone wants to be happy, and I’m seeing that true happiness come into my life."
Montell Jordan officiated the ceremony for the savvy business owners who are parents to daughter D Ella, 1, and son Derrick Hayes Jr., 11 months (Hayes is also dad to daughters Denver, 7, and Dallas, 9, from previous relationships) is now one for the books and one to remember. It was filled with the southern spirit of the Peach State. As Cole’s mother Ichelle Creed walked her down the aisle, melodic sounds from a choir enveloped the venue led by award-winning gospel singer Tasha Cobbs Leonard.
The bride wore a custom Milano Di Rouge gown—the designer Milan Harris admits was the very first wedding gown he had ever created– which took four months to yield from ideation to creation. The dress featured a classic mermaid-style silhouette, a deep plunging neckline, and layered Alencon beaded lace over luxury beaded mesh silk. But that's not all. The designer ensured the gown was a walking masterpiece with six layers of tulle, and hand-sewn crystal rhinestones, all topped with a Cathedral-style veil.
Of the once-in-a-lifetime gown, the designer thought it was important to personalize the dress by ensuring that it accentuated Cole's melanated skin tone. "We didn't know how we were going to make it happen, but we knew we were going to do whatever it took to design the perfect dress for Pinky. To bring the dress to life, we made sure to include Pinky's face and skin tone on the model in Photoshop so she could visualize herself in the dress."
To take Cole’s night of glamour to the next level, she had an outfit change for the reception as she donned her second gown from Bridals by Lori.
As for her husband, he made a fashion statement by wearing one suit the entire night, a bespoke mauve tux designed by Miguel Wilson.
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024