Halle Bailey has been bringing the heat each time she touches down on a red carpet, and we are here for it. From stateside at the buzziest awards shows to promoting her latest blockbuster flick, The Little Mermaid –which has grossed over half a billion dollars since its release in May–our girl is stepping into her own, at her own pace, and we couldn’t be prouder.
In a recent interview for Cosmopolitan, the “Angel” singer opened up about how her big sister Chlöe has helped shape her fashion choices.
“My confidence has gotten deeper and bigger with the help of my sister,” she expressed. “She’s always been an extroverted, sexy, demanding kind of presence,” she told the publication.
Here are 7 top fashion moments from the star this year, so far.
Black on Black on Black
On Wednesday (September 6), the starlet attended the Diamond District pop-up installation in Astor Place to celebrate New York Fashion Week. She told PEOPLE that this look was inspired by Janet Jackson, known to rock black ensembles and braids styled into a high ponytail.
Ariel in Real Life
At the UK premiere of The Little Mermaid, Chloe brought Ariel to the 21st century. The actor donned a custom jeweled gown designed by Miss Sohee, along with a shell-like silver headpiece.
To mark the iconic first Monday in May, she showed up to the Met Gala looking breathtaking in a white Gucci ensemble adorned with a lace halter-neck and ruffled cape.
The Gold Standard
Hollywood was out on the town post-Oscars this year, and the Vanity Fair after-party was the place to be. This custom Maison Yeya look features a classy split and cinches her waist in all the right places.
In March, she made heads turn at the Vanity Fair and TikTok party to celebrate young Hollywood tastemakers. She wore this floor-length monochromatic red dress with cutouts that accentuated her abs. “But as I’m getting older and my body is changing, I’m learning who I am,” she recently told PEOPLE. “I want to be sexy. I want to feel good. I want to wear clothes that embrace where I am in life.”
Flirty and Fun
While at an LA party to pay respect to legendary R&R producer Berry Gordy and the incomparable Smokey Robinson, Halle rocked a green and blue Gianni Naazar gown with a peek-a-boo cut out along her waist.
Aura of Beauty
During the annual Clive Davis party to kick off the Grammy Awards, the singer donned a sultry black gown with a plunging neckline.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024